Horsemanship Safety and Equine Psychology
Blocks and maneuvering around horse
Dirty t-shirt or elephant’s distance
Tying halter and lead rope properly
- Halter Knot
- Quick Release with Daisy Chain
- False Tie
Brushing and picking hooves properly
- Curry Comb
- Hard Bristle
- Soft Bristle Comb
- Hoof Pick
Importance of reading horse’s behavior
6 signs of behavior:
Importance of having fun
Catching your horse
- Protect your herd
Is your horse acting or reacting? Are you?
Protect your personal space. (arm’s length distance)
Preview for next objective:
- T.R.U.E. Success Philosophy
- Desensitizing your horse and training to respond to Driving Pressure
- Spend time with horses this week observing their body language by using the six signs of behavior.
- Are they dominate with other herd members? With you?
- Develop respect from the ground by keeping your horse out of your personal space by blocking or using rope.
- Practice safety at all times.
- You can buy the proper tools necessary by calling Mike Branch at 866 514 4752. Please specify that you need the Crossroads Natural Horsemanship 12’ lead and snap.
Don’t have a horse? Lease a Crossroads horse to practice with during the week here at the ranch if you do not have one of your own.